Saturday, September 3, 2011

Back to the grind

I've been a little M.I.A. lately because SCHOOL HAS BEGUN! My day doesn't end at 3:30, oh no. This year, call me crazy, I signed up to work with our Boys and Girls club on our campus. That means folks, that from 8:00 AM -6:00 PM M-W I have the same sweet little darling 3rd graders the whole time! No, I have not lost my mind. I feel like I have though when I look at the clock and it's already 7:30 PM and I feel like I've gotten nothing accomplished in my classroom. I keep telling mydelf it's just because I haven't gotten back into the swing of things. Let's hope that's the reason. I make it home in time every night to shower and go to bed only to wake up and do it all over again the next day. I'm not complaining, I really do like hanging out with the kiddos, I just wanted to give a reason for my lack of blogging. I go go go and finally I crashed Friday night. I felt like I had run a marathon. My entire body ached. I guess it was just the week catching up to me.
I have a new boss this school year. Last year our principal retired and though we were going to miss him we were excited for the change that was coming. Our new principal is a lady who taught at our campus for the last 6 years. Let me just say, she is the BOMB-DIGGITY! She has such great ideas and is always willing to listen to yours. If you can't tell, I really love my boss!
Another new for me this year, I have diagnosed myself with ADD. I've never had issues before but this year, I feel like a see a butterfly and I'm off.  I can't keep focused on lesson plans for more than 5 minutes and I'm thinking about something else. Maybe it's because I'm kind of overwhelmed with the work I feel like I HAVE TO GET DONE or because I'm so obsessed with stalking other blogs that I come up with so many ideas I feel like I don't have enough time in the day to get to it all. It's so hard to pick the really good stuff to do because they're all such good ideas!! I want to use them all! I know it's only been 9 days but I feel like this year is going to be a fantastic year! Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment